Monday, October 04, 2004

Introducing Xtone

I haven't been blogging much lately, partly because I've been spending most of my time trying to teach undergraduates historical linguistics and partly because I've been spending the remaining time either working on my dissertation prospectus or helping assemble Xtone: a Cross-Linguistic Tonal Database, a collaboration between David Allison, Larry Hyman, and myself (that felt like a Condition A violation, although my inner syntactician tells me otherwise).

We hope that this database will turn into a useful research and bibliographic tool for phonologists of various kinds working on tone. The initial response has been positive, with great entries contributed by Jeff Good and Jie Zhang. While the amount of data currently available is small, we hope to add much more (and to receive much more) in the coming months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home